OPPORTUNITY FOR UNISA 2ND AND 3RD YEAR TEACHING STUDENTS TO EARN MONEY WHILE STUDYING FROM HOME
BrainBoosters, a Not-for-Profit NGO, offers Unisa teaching students the unique opportunity to be trained, free of charge, on the use of Foundation Phase Learning and Teaching Support Material (LTSM), which is designed in collaboration with the Gauteng Department of Education and Free State Department of Education to strengthen the CAPS Mathematics subject.
Benefits for the Student:
- Earn an income while studying (R200 per day)
- Only need to be available every morning of the week during school terms until the end of 2017. Possibility is strong to continue in 2018.
- Students will be trained on the use of the BrainBoosters LTSM that is currently implemented at schools in the Gauteng and Free State districts
- The training course for teachers and students is SACE accredited
- After training, students will be able to train fellow students and teachers on the use of the BrainBoosters LTSM, as well as the possibility to conduct SACE training on the product.
- Students receive a certificate of competence that can be valuable to the student's CV
- The training will benefit the Teaching of Foundation Phase Mathematics modules that Unisa students are enrolled for (or will enrol for in their 3rd or 4th year)
- Students studying towards the B-Ed Foundation Phase degree
- 2nd and 3rd year Unisa students based in Gauteng (Johanneburg and Pretoria)
- 2nd and 3rd year Unisa students from the Free State (Bothshabelo and Thaba Nchu)
- Students must be available every weekday morning during school terms to go to selected schools to monitor the presentations of the BrainBoosters LTSM during the Grade 1 Mathematics periods
- Students must be available for a 1 week training session in July 2017
- Students must be available from July 2017 to mid-November 2018
- Must be fluent in English and for Free State isiSotho and Gauteng at least 1 indigenous language.
What can be Expected:
- Students will receive training on Grade 1 CAPS Mathematics and the BrainBoosters LTSM.
- Successful students will be assigned 3-5 schools where it is expected that they visit daily to monitor and support the use of the BrainBoosters LTSM.
- Daily feedback in the form of a one-page report on the progress of the schools with the program will be required.
- Students will be able to use the knowledge gained from the training as well as from monitoring of the classroom practices of the teachers.
- The training as well as monitoring of the program at schools will be valuable and compliments their University training.
- A small allowance for transport will be made – to limit the distance travelled, we will take into account where you live, relevant to where the assigned schools are.
Please include the following when applying:
- Home Address
- Home Telephone number
- Cellphone Number
- CV (a short document with information about your education and work experience)
- Copy of Matric Certificate
- Copy of 1st or 2nd Year Results
- Motivation Letter (under 100 words, tell us why you are applying)
- Any other information that will support your application
For further information about the Company (BrainBoosters) and our Open Source Learning and Training Website (BrainBoosters Academy), please follow: